Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gorgio armani luminous silk foundation

This is a very pricey foundation that's going all around youtube since sephora started carrying it.
With such a hefty price Of $62 one can't be deny the feeling of curiosity so I received 3 samples of that foundation .
One the first day I layed on 2 coats of foundation to cover up redness from my noses (specially since I have been under the whether aka I have a cold).  I did not use a primer to see its full effects on the skin. I exfoliating and moisturized before hand. The color I received was a decent match a shade litter but has a good undertone of neutral - yellowish. It blended nicely the first time but the second time it look a little more buffing with my flat kabuki brush. At first I felt unsettled by the foundation smell it's not horrific but it does smell like foundation but luckily it didn't linger.
This isn't super amazing but it does have a very light formula, honestly I was expecting alot. I expect it to give me a flawless natural but still luminous finish, that would would hide the texture, cover dark spots left from acne.

Instead it was very lightweight,  not as dewy as I would have liked, and doesn't really hide redness or dark spots without 2 layers.
PRODUCT INFO

What it is:
A lightweight liquid foundation that achieves a radiant, silky finish.
Sephora info
What it does:
This award-winning foundation is formulated with micro-fil technology, producing a low-density product that pairs high-impact pigments with weightless texture. Inspired by the silk shantung worn by kings and emperors, this foundation glides seamlessly onto the skin leaving a finish that’s reminiscent of charmeuse silk.

How it made my skin feel:
At the beginning my skin looked unreal, so perfect not dewy but not flat. Still imperfections seeping through. It took forever to set though.
After that when I went on with my day I felt like there was something on my face. once I look in the mirror around five hours into my day I saw that the foundation has sunken into fine lines and was clinging onto my drier areas around my pores and lip line. I was truly horrified by this as well as the fact that redness was peaking through on my cheeks and the fact that my bronzer and blush were gone. Many small bumps had resurfaced.  So far ... no good. 
I don't think I recommend this to drier skin types or for people with long days. I will retry this tomorrow with a primer and a setting powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment