Monday, April 20, 2015

Sephora 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

$11-22 USD
0.3 oz
23 shades available
       The in-house Sephora brand usually has hidden jems, such as their primers and eyeliners, so I thought I would give this a try.
Boy I was not impressed. I was disappointed. I have used powder foundation as a teen mainly the Maybelline powders. I strayed away to try liquids but I always keep a powder foundation for traveling and in the summertime.
When I first saw this it looked nice, very compacted not too powdery and didn't just make a mess allover the compact. the compact was an oval shape black with the Sephora logo on top, very sleek and it didn't take much space. It also had a nice big mirror and a sponge applicator on the side.

The product itself was heavy on the skin. Heavy enough to clog pores, and look super chalky. Even with a light hand it completely left my skin like the desert it did take away all shine but at the cost of flaky looking skin. honestly I rather blot then look flaky and dry, plus there ate better alternatives such as the bare minerals that leave the skin looking beautiful but still matte. plus they also have a large array of finishes and a large color selection.
 But if you have super oily skin this may be what you are looking for. just use a hydrating primer and your ready to go. If you have  dryish to normal skin, this is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment