Monday, April 6, 2015

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer Review


Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer

1 fluid oz for $27

20 available shades unfortunately not on the very pale side but if you have a light – dark complexion they have a color for you. Can be purchased in Macys, Sephora, or any local department store.

I received a sample from Sephora of the new Clinique foundation my first though was wow this is gimmicky, most foundations can be used as concealers but okay, its marketing I guess. So I gave it a try last Saturday and I can say I’m honestly impressed. I had originally heard negative reviews on the stupidity of the doe-foot applicator and the greasy feeling it left behind on the skin.

What they say:

This lightweight, moisturizing foundation and concealer provides full coverage without clogging pores. This 12-hour wear, breathable formula is ideal for very dry to combination oily skin types, its special polymer formula forms a flexible film that moves with the skin for lasting wear, and it dries slowly for easy blending. Get lasting coverage and give skin a perfected look that stays put, even through sweat and humidity.
What I think:

When trying it I used a small amount around a pea size and it spread wonderfully throughout my face and it gave a medium coverage and a semi-dewy finish which lasted 9 hours before it began to fade (I didn’t use powder to set it). It set nicely by itself into a skin like finish within a couple minutes I used it as a concealer by adding a small layer wherever I needed it. It creased a little under my eyes but that’s no surprise so I quickly removed any excess product and went off. It is very buildable and for its price I’m impressed.

I do like the idea of the applicator but I do think it’s easy to overdo it which may lead to that weird feeling. But if you are a nerves about bacteria/ germs you can remove the applicator or simply not use it. But I think it’s good for beginners to teach them how to not overdo things by keeping a natural look on the skin and not having to go out and purchase a separate concealer. It keeps the price down but its functionality is great.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment