Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator Review

So I got this in my birch box.
4.23oz for $34
what it claims:
This powerful exfoliator mimics the results of professional microdermabrasion, minus the potential for redness and sensitivity. First, papaya enzymes break down dead cells while evening out your skin tone. Next, dermatologist-approved microderm crystals fade the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, leaving skin smooth and free of imperfections. Finally, aloe vera, coconut, and vitamins B and E nourish fresh skin to keep it free of irritation.

For those who don’t know much on the concept of derma-abrasion it’s essentially making small cuts in the skin to allow new fresh skin to take its place allowing the production of collagen and age reversing cells to float to the top, also allowing more access to blood.

For me I did feel it working, I did feel it taking off the dead skin and making small but not painful removal. It contained super small granules that really did the work. The reason why I’m not too happy is the after affects. It claims to be non-irritating but I get small red bumps. Sometimes more acne appears and I personally don’t like that but I still try to use this once a week as a deep exfoliator. If you have dry skin and you have an exfoliator do follow this with a serum or facial oil of your choice and then a moisturizer. This s is because the oils will help your skin repair itself, and still breathe. Because I know those who have dry skin tend to use heavy moisturizers that sometimes do worse.

Would I recommend this?

            Maybe, it depends on you, if you need a good exfoliator this is one but I can be a little harsh. Plus there’s a more affordable option called Saint Ives apricot scrub/ green tea that does the same thing only with bigger granules that don’t cause as much irritation, and it smells delicious.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment