Wednesday, May 13, 2015

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Review


First aid beauty is a well-known brand in Sephora, but the most famous product is the Ultra Repair cream. This has somewhat of a cult following it. It’s said to good for people with eczema and very dry skin.
What the company says,

 This quick-absorbing Ultra Repair Cream is recommended for anyone with severely dry, scaly skin due to harsh winter weather, aggressive cosmetic treatments, or any of the following conditions: atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema, and keratosis pilaris. With the help of colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, soothing eucalyptus oil, and ceramides, its luxurious, ultra-hydrating formula provides immediate relief and visible improvement for distressed skin. The FAB Antioxidant Booster—comprised of licorice root, feverfew, and white tea—defends skin from free radical damage. Great for all skin types especially dry, irritated skin, it leaves skin smooth, hydrated, and comfortable. 

 I have bought this cream twice the first time I noticed how thick the consistency was but I said so many people like it, it must be good. Well my first time applying it I noticed it sort of felt like a paste, I previously washed my faced and applied this and left it on overnight. The next morning my skin felt like there was a film over it. After 3 nights and 2 days I saw random bumps rise on my face in areas I don’t usually get them like my forehead and chin. So I gave it to my cousin, for her oily skin it worked nicely.

So I repurchased this again 3 months later thinking perhaps I had just gotten one that wasn’t on point. So I tried it again and it still had a waxy feeling, it wasn’t super hydrating, so I tried it after exfoliating and it began to irritate my skin. It clogged my pores. So I turned to using it on my body after self-tanning, and it wasn’t bad. It helped seal in my tan and give my legs a shiny appearance. But I wouldn’t use this on my face.

I think one of the most interesting things about this product is that it doesn’t have a scent and you can get a 1 oz sample for $6 USD.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment