Tuesday, October 27, 2015

M.A.C. Mineralized Concealer and blush


Story time:

I had always heard of mac cosmetics but I was not sure if I ever wanted to try it. It seemed a little "basic," not saying that's bad but that's what everyone was using.  When I first got introduced to makeup when I was 16 my mom took me to Sephora where she bought me Too-Faced makeup. But 4 years after that fact, for some reason I decided to step into a MAC store and am pleased to say they were very attentive, and knowledgeable about their products.

 So since I didn't know anything prior about what would be good for dry skin but I did want to try something. So I decided to ask help for an employ I really wanted to try a blush. She recommended love thing mineralized blush. Which was a satin burnt pink with golden shimmer. After her placing it on my skin which was a big heavy handed but its okay she was trying to show me the color, it glowed so nicely on my tan skin tone and I loved it. There forth I became brave and asked her about a good concealer for dry skin to use under my eyes and around my nose. That wonderful lady gave me two options which were NW25 and NW30, the NW25 seemed too light so I went with the NW30.

Review on the product
Concealer
$21 USD for 5ml
Mac Mineralize Concealer - Tan/BeigeWhen I went home I noticed the mineralized concealer was a bit to orangey for my yellow undertones. It also would separate on the sides of my nose and under my eyes. So I changed my primer to a matte but it wouldn’t help the longevity.

-On the bright side
- Not as heavy as I expected (usually when I think of mac I think of cake-face)
-Good coverage

Would I repurchase? No, personally I love my Maybelline Fit Me concealer 6.8 ml for $6. And that stays all day for me, its really thin and affordable.

Blush
$27 USD
Mac Mineralize Blush, 0.35 oz - PinkI loved the blush no complains. It was well pigmented and I sometimes use it as an eyeshadow. Would I repurchase? Probably not because of the price but it does last a very long time.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment