Monday, August 31, 2015

Baking the Face, Cooking the FACE?

I know a lot of people have been throwing the term baking and Coking in makeup terms, but what really is this?
Baking/Cooking is a drag queen makeup technique often used on celebrities when they need their makeup to last through heat and oils. What this essentially do is remove excess oil from the skin, allowing the user to have their makeup on longer.
How is this done?
Depending on the effect desired you can use different items. The main thing you'll need is a base which could be a liquid foundation or concealer, a brush and a sponge/ wedge. Now this differs per person if you want a very highlighted look uses a brightening loose/pressed powder such as a yellow shade or lavender depending on your skin tone. if you want a natural appearance use a powder close to your natural skin tone. try applying this to the under eye to the tops of your check bones and down the center of your nose.

Step 1; apply your bases, such as primer, foundation or concealer and quickly blend that out
Step 2;  with your sponge apply a thick layer of powder and leave on for 10-15 minutes depending on your oiliness levels.
Step 3; after the appropriate amount of time has passed  take a brush and flick the excess oils and powders away. you should have a flawless effect in the skin.

My personal opinion,
 I don't like doing this it personally bothers me. I'm not a famous person, and the amount of products left on the skin doesn't cut it. When I look into a mirror I see powder and it bothers me. I still like to see skin and a natural glow after my makeup. Don't get me wrong it looks beautiful on camera but in real life its a little much.


No comments:

Post a Comment