Monday, June 22, 2015

What is an Essence? Secret Key Snail Repairing Essence



Secret key has slowly become my most trusted skincare brand. This was the item that started everything. When I first started researching Korean skincare something odd to me that came up was essences. I had no idea what this was, or why so many people are obsessed with them? So I started researching what this was and why so many people swear by it.

Essence is another version of a serum, which can be thicker. The essence should seal the serum and give it a little boost, by active ingredients to help the skin provide cellular turnover. It's much like a serum after a serum, to help the skin absorb the ingredients and boost effectiveness.  That's what I understood from all of my research.  I bought this in January and have been using this everyday twice a day ever since.

I decided to venture out of Tony moly and try another well-known brand. Secret Key, and they are super common and recommended. I opted to use there snail essence, since it seemed very interesting and I've never tried anything like that.

Secret Key New Snail Repairing Essence 60ml or 2 fluid ounces cost $6-8 USD

The claims were

1. Brightening repairing essence.

 2. It can be applied on sensitive skin.

 3. While it increases skin elasticity, it brightens skin tone.

 4. Moisturizing and skin protection.

 5. Soothing & Brightening effect.

How to use

Apply appropriate amount and smooth over it. Apply more amount when using after evening facial wash. It is more effective dab 1-2 times more.

I was nervous that it would break me out, but it had a decent list of ingredients like; rice bran extract, pig placenta (for cellular turnover), and macadamia seed oil. To my surprise it didn’t break me out, but it did soften my skin and helped lower the little bumps I had on my cheeks. I know the directions said to use this straight after washing and toning but I like to add a serum for extra hydration, or a facial oil but that’s a personal choice. If you have oiler skin, just using the essence might be exactly what you need. It doesn’t make you oiler, or even feel greasy. Though you must warm the essence before applying it. If you have dry skin a light hydrating serum before or after can help.

Overall I love the fact that it has a pump, I love is gel like texture. I also enjoy the refreshed feeling on the skin. And over 5 months you can definitely notice more hydrated, plump looking skin. Also a brightness the complexion evening thing out. At first I wasn’t sure about the texture but after a while I grew accustom to it. And I am so glad I did. This has made me venture out and try more products from their Snail line.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment