Wednesday, September 9, 2015

wantable September 2015



Wantable this month has not been my favorite, personally. But I did contact them and they answered all of my concerns. I will let you know my personal reviews of these items.

Items in my bag

·         29 Cosmetics The Valley I-Block  worth $38

o   What the company says

§  Long-lasting anti-oxidant enriched I-BLOCK Eye Shadows with grape seed extract        nourish and protect the eyelids from environmental pollutants and the harmful effects of free radicals. This gentle formula helps delicate skin around the eyes to appear smooth and moisturized while visibly easing the signs of aging.

o    My opinion

§  Not super impressive and I had received a green palette which was not to my liking. The packaging was nice but I'm not someone in love with eye shadow. And it reminded me of a Rimmle one  I own

·         Model Co Party Proof Cream Lipstick after Hours $17

o   What the company says

§    For high-impact color that won't budge, ModelCo PARTY PROOF Lipsticks are super long-lasting, strong pigment lipsticks in ultra-vibrant hues. The rich, non-drying formula glides on effortlessly without drying, caking or flaking. Kiss, drink and party proof to last all day and night. Housed in a chic white case and complete with an inbuilt mirror

o   My opinion

§     No. this is in no way "party proof". Within 3 minutes of application my lipstick was everywhere; my chin, my left cheek and smeared under my lips. The color also threw me off. It was a orange color, which I believed went under coral which I disliked on the quiz. But after contacting them they informed me that, that awful shade of orange actually qualified under the red category.

·         Ofra Lip liner Maya $13

o   Company says

§  Water resistant pencil suitable for the most sensitive eye & lip areas. Created with a synthetic beeswax base for a smooth, soft and long lasting application

o   My opinion

§  It was a really nice, it wasn’t too soft but it did have a nice wine red undertone.

·         Beauty for Real Get Glowing Afterglow $29

o   Company says

§  Get Glowing! Cheek Tint and Luminizer features a highlighter, GOLDRUSH, which is a brilliant, light reflecting warm, sheer gold and the cheek tint, AFTERGLOW, brings a flush of bronze that you want to wear all year long.

o   My opinion

§  It’s a pretty color containing a highlight and a bronzy shimmer. It had a weird gel like or cream consistency yet it didn’t blend as seamlessly as expected.

Overall it wasn’t that the selection was bad but the products themselves wasn’t worth their price. For example that lipstick to me was worth 2 dollars max. The eyeshadow quad was for me $10 and th Afterglow was maybe $15 at most.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment