Sunday, September 13, 2015

How to get dark blue hair

Warning I'm in no way a professional at this, I can only give you my experience and my directions in no way am I telling you to do this this is just what I did. Also Manic Panic can be quite staining especially if you have beige or white anywhere in your bathroom. I suggest for to proceed with caution. And if anything dusting like your sink use bleach and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes and the stain should come right off. Also I suggest rinsing out the hair dye on the toilet just so you don't stain a complete bathtub. You have been warned.

How I dyed my hair blue
What inspired me to do so?
I love messing with my har and I hadn't messed with my hair for 4 months. By using oils my hair reverted into a healthy state.

Now I have been in Sally's Beauty Supplies and I thought to myself hey why not dye my hair blue. So I went on to buy  the necessary  materials.
What you need ;
Aluminum foil from the dollar store
Plastic gloves  also from dollar store
Plastic hair bowl with brush dollar store
Plastic  shower cap dollar store
A shirt  you don't care about
L'Oreal's blue bleach
30 cream developer
Manic panic in blue whichever you choose
Deep conditioner

Step 1
The first thing I did was apply an oil treatment 24 hours beforehand. I did not wash it out I left it on for the whole day.
Step 2
it comes to bleaching first thing you want to do is put on the old shirt, then the gloves, and take out your plastic tools. The reason why the plastic is that the metal would react to the chemicals. Also take out your aluminum foil and cut those into thick strips.
step 2
Now you going to want to mix your developer and you're bleach to make a pancake like consistency. Mainly and nice thick consistency not too runny. Then apply that to the areas you want to lighten, use the pointy side of the brush to make sections, and quickly cover it with aluminum foil strip. Do this all over your head.
Step 3
Wait around 30 minutes before checking if it is lightened enough for you. You can use this up to 60 minutes but no more. Rinse out the bleach with nothing more than pure cool water, once that is done and all the bleach is removed you can go in with your deep conditioner. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash off. If you have not achieved your hair color you can try again within 3-4 days. But  a light brown or coppery blonde will do for a darker blue.
Step 4
Put on plastic gloves and use your hands to take out the dye from the manic panic container. If you don't what to deluded it, but if you do you can mix it in with a conditioner that is white. And apply the straight to the bleached areas. Put on a plastic cap and leave on for 1 hour or more if possible.
Step 5
Remove the color with cool water, on the toilet using buckets of water. After at least 5 rinses the water should come out clear. No let your hair air dry.
That is exactly how I did it. I don't know much about hair but I do know a lot about my own hair if you do have extremely fragile hair you might want to reduce the amount of time you give it for the bleaching, and this really make sure that afterwards you're really giving your hair moisture. But besides that good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment